There are six Irish manuscripts dating from the 19th century in the Library at Coláiste na Rinne. The three oldest of these, MSS 1-3, were bequeathed to the College by one of its founders, Dr Richard Henebry (1863-1916).
MS 1, pp. 1-60, comprise copies of two Ulster cycle tales, Brisleach Mhór Mhaighe Mhuirtheimhne and Oidheadh Chonlaoich, written by Amhlaoibh Ó Súilleabháin, Callan, Co. Kilkenny. He completed transcribing the latter tale on 4 April 1812. MS 1, pp. 61-70, comprise a copy of a religious poem and are in an unidentified hand. MS 1, pp. 71-304, were written by Denis Woulfe, Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare, in 1816, and comprise a grammar of Irish, a list of manuscript contractions, and a collection of poetry. MS 1, pp. 305-400, the final part of the manuscript, were written by Seán Ó Dálaigh (1800-1878) of Lickoran, Co. Waterford, and comprise a collection of poetry by Tadhg Dall Ó Huiginn, Séathrún Céitinn, Dáibhí Ó Bruadair and others. Ó Dálaigh completed his transcription of the Ó Bruadair poems in Youghal, Co. Cork, on 9 March [? 1829].
MS 2 was written in Co. Cork. Seán Ó Súilleabháin, Rylane, East Muskerry, Co. Cork,wrote its opening section, a collection of prose tales, and Ossianic and other poetry, in 1819. The second part of the manuscript was written by Tomás Ó hÉigeartaigh, Roscarbery, in 1839. It comprises a collection of Ossianic and other poetry, some of it accompanied by English translation.
MS 3 , frequently referred to as the "O'Neill manuscript", was written mainly by Pádraig Ó Néill (1765-1832) Owning, Piltown, Co. Kilkenny, in the years 1818-19, and comprises a collection of Irish poetry, and essays and correspondence in English. The manuscript also contains some leaves written by Michéal Óg Ó Longáin, Carrignavar, Co. Cork, for Art Ó Laoghaire, in 1813, and some material written by Seán Ó Doinn (1815-92), Co. Kilkenny, in 1863.
MSS 4 and 5, evidently presented to Coláiste na Rinne by Liam Ó Miadhacháin (1874-1960), Rinn Ó gCuanach, comprise copies of Keating's Forus Feasa ar Éirinn written by Patrick Carmody (ob. 1909) , Mill House, Kilrossanty, Co. Waterford. Carmody wrote MS 4 in 1893-4, and MS 5 evidently before that date.
MS 6 was presented to Coláiste na Rinne in 1982 by the family of Séamus Ó Cléirigh of Waterford city. It comprises for the main part a copy of Cúirt an Mheadhón Oidhche and is in an unidentified hand.
Coláiste na Rinne also holds a collection of 20th century copybooks and notebooks. The collection includes six copybooks written in German by Dr Richard Henebry during the years 1896-8, and a number of Irish notebooks written by Archbishop Michael Sheehan (1870-1945) during the period 1904-22.